Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net> on 2009/03/22 22:22:51 UTC

directly communicate with solr with java

Hi,
I got solr setup working smoothly with tomcat and all.
In general the application I use solr for is php driven but I somehow
want to remove this extra roundtrip to php that is made when I call solr
from javascript.
So bottom line I'd like to change this:

JS -> tiny php(apache processed etc) -> solr (under tomcat)
to this
JS -> tiny java app(under tomcat) -> solr (under tomcat)

Idea is I need some intermediate app that will process the request
params in a way it makes sense for my application.  And I think if going
to java application it will be way faster than php(apache) and then back
to java(tomcat).

Since I am noob in Java would like to know if there are some tutorials
or something how I can achieve all this.
Also would like to hear your opinion if this will really speed things up
for me.

Cheers

Re: directly communicate with solr with java

Posted by Giovanni De Stefano <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Julian,

perhaps you are looking for Solrj:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj