Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2015/12/14 19:15:39 UTC

OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

W.r.t. http://svn.apache.org/r1719967 - I'm +1 for the backport.
I'd like to propose we remove all support from *trunk* for OpenSSL < 1.0.1
effective now...

https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-announce/2014-December/000000.html

We don't deprecate support on maintenance branches (e.g. 2.2/2.4),
because we seek to minimize the pain of moving from one subversion
release to another.  If someone wanted to hack a non-fatal warning for
the ./configure phase, that could be a worthwhile patch.

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
As an alternative, we can flag removing pre openssl 1.0.1 support as a
showstopper in STATUS and leave it be for a while longer to make backports
a bit easier.  Thoughts?

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I am a bit new so sorry if this question is trivial. I noticed that the
httpd's doxygen documentation is regularly built in
https://ci.apache.org/builders, so I am wondering if we could build
everything in trunk (or all the supported branches) regularly after each
commit (getting a daily report of failures/warnings for example in this
ML). CentOS is missing among the list of supported testing environments but
it might be possible to add it asking to the buildbot owners.

I am probably missing some bits and pieces so if I am completely mistaken
please let me know! I'll try to update the related docs (like
https://httpd.apache.org/dev/ and /developer) for the newcomers like me :)

Thanks!

Luca

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Jacob Perkins <ja...@cpanel.net>.
Hi Eric,

jacob.perkins@cpanel.net <ma...@cpanel.net>

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Jacob Perkins <ja...@cpanel.net>.
CentOS 5 still ships with OpenSSL 0.9.8, and is still supported for another year or so. Considering there’s a lot of servers still running CentOS 5 (and possibly older), it feels as if this would have been caught. Especially something as small as a missing semicolon.

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8/1.0.0 on Trunk

Posted by Jacob Perkins <ja...@cpanel.net>.