Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org> on 2002/06/29 05:57:38 UTC

A common method for determining system utilization

do you think that it is worthwhile having a APR function to determine
system load ?

I was thinking of adding a feature to mod_defalte which turns it off if
system load goes over a magic number.

--Ian

Re: A common method for determining system utilization

Posted by Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>.
Ian Holsman wrote:

> do you think that it is worthwhile having a APR function to determine
> system load ?
>
> I was thinking of adding a feature to mod_defalte which turns it off
> if system load goes over a magic number.

I like the idea.  But do you really want load (in the Unix sense, i.e.
run queue length), or would % CPU utilization be a better metric?

--Brian

Re: A common method for determining system utilization

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Ian Holsman wrote:

> do you think that it is worthwhile having a APR function to determine
> system load ?

That could be nice.....