Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dale Erwin <da...@casaerwin.org> on 2016/07/01 01:56:58 UTC

Re: Opening docx files

On 6/30/2016 12:11 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
> hi.
> yes, it can open .docx files without any problem.
> but saving as docx is not possible currently.

Saving as .docx was not supported by version 3 either.

Dale Erwin

Re: Opening docx files

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 06/30/2016 08:56 PM, Dale Erwin wrote:
> On 6/30/2016 12:11 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
>> hi.
>> yes, it can open .docx files without any problem.
>> but saving as docx is not possible currently.
>
> Saving as .docx was not supported by version 3 either.
>
> Dale Erwin

If you want or need to save and send as docx, take a look at TextMaker,
from SoftMaker Office. Part of an office suite that includes the word
processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation app.

There's a free cut-down version, and a pay version. I think it's worth
paying for, and have done so. Present  version is 2016. TextMaker reads
/and writes/ a whole batch of formats. And it doesn't

make you study up and learn a lot of crap about formatting to get your
work done!

--doug