Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Böhringer Jochen <Jo...@tcc-products.de> on 2004/10/21 13:58:47 UTC

Integrating JSF with JSR168 Portlets

Hello,

I want to develop a new web application combining JSR-168 compliant portlets and JSF. I installed the Pluto container and test driver and my first tests with my own very simple sample portlets were successful. Now I want to use JSF in my portlets. Has anyone does this before or can give me some informative links on this topic. I only found IBM articles describing the use of JSF in the WebSphere Portal.

Thx

Jochen

Re: Integrating JSF with JSR168 Portlets

Posted by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de>.
Hi,

In GridSphere portal www.gridsphere.org we have a jsfportlets webapp
  which you can get from CVS (see the website for more info) which
  doesn´t use any proprietary bridges, just the Sun JSF FacesPortlet
  which is now a part of Sun´s JSF implementation as of July. I´m sure
  this should work with Pluto, Jetspeed or any other portal I would
  expect.

  Jason

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Jochen,

Jetspeed 2 has a JSF bridge for JSR168 and use Pluto
as its portal container.  Though we have not tested
the bridge on Pluto, it should work.  You can check it
out from CVS in Jetspeed 2 cvs tree under
portal-bridges/myfaces.

Regards,

David Le Strat.

--- B�hringer Jochen