Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "shubham.gupta" <sh...@orkash.com> on 2016/10/03 04:35:51 UTC

90% of URL rejected by filtering (Nutch 2.3.1)

Hey

When the inject job is run 90% of my seedurls get rejected. Therefore,
very few urls get crawled and does not give proper outputs.

my regex-urlfilter properties are as follows:

# skip file: ftp: and mailto: urls
-^(file|ftp|mailto):

# skip image and other suffixes we can't yet parse
# for a more extensive coverage use the urlfilter-suffix plugin
-\.(gif|GIF|jpg|JPG|png|PNG|ico|ICO|css|CSS|sit|SIT|eps|EPS|wmf|WMF|zip|ZIP|ppt|pdf|PPT|mpg|MPG|xls|XLS|gz|GZ|rpm|RPM|tgz|TGZ|mov|MOV|exe|EXE|jpeg|JPEG|bmp|BMP|js|JS)$

# skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
#-[?*!@=]

# skip URLs with slash-delimited segment that repeats 3+ times, to break
loops
-.*(/[^/]+)/[^/]+\1/[^/]+\1/

# accept anything else
-^(http://up.anv.bz)
+.

# skip URLs longer than 512 characters
-^.{513,}$

--

Shubham Gupta

Re: 90% of URL rejected by filtering (Nutch 2.3.1)

Posted by "shubham.gupta" <sh...@orkash.com>.
is there any way to find out the url filtered?

Also the line -^.{513,}$ was inserted as the update job was failing
consistently due to MongoDb exception : key too large to index.

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham Gupta

Posted by Sachin Shaju <sa...@mstack.com>.

wrote:

> my current regex-urlfilter properties are as follows:
>
> # skip file: ftp: and mailto: urls
> #-^(file|ftp|mailto):
>
> # skip image and other suffixes we can't yet parse
> # for a more extensive coverage use the urlfilter-suffix plugin
> #-\.(gif|GIF|jpg|JPG|png|PNG|ico|ICO|css|CSS|sit|SIT|eps|EPS|
> wmf|WMF|zip|ZIP|ppt|pdf|PPT|mpg|MPG|xls|XLS|gz|GZ|rpm|RPM|
> tgz|TGZ|mov|MOV|exe|EXE|jpeg|JPEG|bmp|BMP|js|JS)$
>
> # skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
> #-[?*!@=]
>
> # skip URLs with slash-delimited segment that repeats 3+ times, to break
> loops
> #-.*(/[^/]+)/[^/]+\1/[^/]+\1/
>
> # accept anything else
> -^(http://up.anv.bz)
> +.
>
> # skip URLs longer than 512 characters
> -^.{513,}$
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Shubham Gupta
>
> On Wednesday 05 October 2016 11:29 AM, Sachin Shaju wrote:
>
>> my regex-urlfilter properties are as follows:

>> break

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

transmitted by this email.

www.mStack.com

Re: 90% of URL rejected by filtering (Nutch 2.3.1)

Posted by "shubham.gupta" <sh...@orkash.com>.

Posted by Sachin Shaju <sa...@mstack.com>.
Hi,
    Can you share your current regex-urlfilter file ?

Regards,
Sachin Shaju

sachin.s@mstack.com
+919539887554