Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Schmelzer <mi...@ham.hamburgsud.com> on 2006/07/06 11:06:01 UTC

tomcat version output in error messages

Hi *!

I'm using Apache 2 and Tomcat 5 to host several websites. For security
reasons I don't want that Tomcat is displaying the Tomcat version in its
error messages (i.e. 404 error message). How can I prevent Tomcat from
displaying those software information?

I know the deal with the <error-page> directive within the web.xml but I
don't want to use that. I assume it should be possible to just disable those
software version output of the error messages by editing some include files
our whatever is used to build those error pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Mike

Re: tomcat version output in error messages

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
You can use your own ErrorReportValve.

Look for errorReportValveClass in
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/host.html