Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2015/12/01 07:30:21 UTC

FOSDEM 2016 - take action by 4th of December 2015

As most of you probably know FOSDEM 2016 (the biggest,
100% free open source developer conference) is right
around the corner:
   https://fosdem.org/2016/

We hope to have an ASF booth and we would love to see as
many ASF projects as possible present at various tracks
(AKA Developer rooms):
   https://fosdem.org/2016/schedule/#devrooms

This year, for the first time, we are running a dedicated
Big Data and HPC Developer Room and given how much of that
open source development is done at ASF it would be great
to have folks submit talks to:
   https://hpc-bigdata-fosdem16.github.io

While the CFPs for different Developer Rooms follow slightly
different schedules, but if you submit by the end of this week
you should be fine.

Finally if you don't want to fish for CFP submission URL,
here it is:
   https://fosdem.org/submit

If you have any questions -- please email me *directly* and
hope to see as many of you as possible in two months!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: FOSDEM 2016 - take action by 4th of December 2015

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Just to let you know that I've volunteered to help out on the Apache booth
at FOSDEM so will be there. I think that Pierre, Heidi and Eric have
mentioned that they are planning to come too (so we can have a mini meetup).

I'm planning to bring a laptop and have a demo version of OFBiz running to
show people. I'm not sure if we can get some OFBiz marketing material (eg
stickers, badges etc) to give away… (so any ideas and possible funding for
this is very welcome !)

If anyone wants to submit a talk / presentation or discussion then please
feel free.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: FOSDEM 2016 - take action by 4th of December 2015

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Since I should attend the mandatory JCP EC F2F in Brazil the 3rd week of
January, I'm afraid my travel capacity for January (and mosts of Q1) is
spent already.
Otherwise I'd love to present/participate.

Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Just for the record, the message below was sent by Roman to a number of
mailing lists, but the deadline for the Open Document Editors devroom,
the one co-organized by Apache OpenOffice, is still December 7th. So you
are still in time, but be quick! See http://s.apache.org/rCo for the
call, which I'll repost today to the blog and here for the usual
last-minute submitters.
Regards,
   Andrea.

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Great, Good luck!

Posted by Matthieu Baechler <mb...@linagora.com>.
Hi Roman,

--
Matthieu Baechler

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Anyone interested in giving a Calcite talk? (FOSDEM is in Brussels, and free.)

Julian