Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prashant Thakkar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 10:33:53 UTC

Undeploying war application

Hello,

I am new to tomcat. I would like to know how to undeployee any war
application from tomcat without stoping or restarting tomcat. Do tomcat
manager account will undeployee  war files and its configuration files
properly? or is there any other way to do this job.

--
Prashant Thakkar

Re: Undeploying war application

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The manager webapp will undeploy a web application completely deleting
all the app's files under webapps as well as it's context.xml file.  As
I understand there is a small chance the classloader may be held on to
slowly increasing the memory consumption.  That dependents on the
specific libraries you are using in your webapp.  I shouldn't think it
would be a huge problem unless you undeploy your webapp many, many times.

--David