Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jasper Michalczik <ja...@gmx.net> on 2004/05/02 22:30:11 UTC

i18n

Hello,

I tried to internationalize a cocoon site with the i18n transformer as
explained in the docs and the examples. But somehow the keywords don’t
get replaced by its translations. Can anybody tell me how to activate
the logging for this component and in which file it will be logged.

Thanks,

Jasper Michalczik

Sitemap:

                    <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer"
logger="sitemap.transformer.i18n">

                           <catalogues default="navigation">

                                 <catalogue id="navigation"
name="navigation" location="translation"/>

                           </catalogues>

<untranslated-text>untranslated</untranslated-text>

                           <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>

                    </map:transformer>

and

                                        <map:transform type="i18n">

                                               <map:parameter
name="locale" value="it"/>

                                               <map:parameter
name="default-catalogue-id" value="navigation"/>

                                        </map:transform>

navigation_it.xml

<catalogue xml:lang="it">

       <message key="functions">Funktionen</message>

       <message key="listenText">Text anhören</message>

       <message key="printText">Text drucken</message>

</catalogue>

Re: i18n

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 02.05.2004 22:30, Jasper Michalczik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to internationalize a cocoon site with the i18n transformer as
> explained in the docs and the examples. But somehow the keywords don’t
> get replaced by its translations. Can anybody tell me how to activate
> the logging for this component and in which file it will be logged.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jasper Michalczik

Sounds like the i18n elements are not recognized. This happens mostly
through an error in the namespace.

The I18nTransformer logs almost everything on the debug level into
sitemap.log. By default the log level is set to INFO. You can change
this in logkit.xconf.

Joerg