Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/06/19 16:14:56 UTC

action items

Hi,

Aside from the stuff related to plugin documentation, we have some other
things to do. Same approach - here's a list, looking for a show of hands
on who's interested (or if these seem wrong). Eventually all need to get
to JIRA:

- apply the maven site skin consistently (MNG-1212)
- site structuring (this already had concrete proposals):
   *
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200602.mbox/%3C43E96733.5070309@apache.org%3E
   *
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200602.mbox/%3C43E97D27.8080900@apache.org%3E
   * see also Better Builds with Maven section on "separating developer
and user content"
- set up a staging site
- remove "2" from Maven 2 references (it's just Maven). We'll still
refer to Maven 1.x in comparisons and pointing to the Maven 1.1 docs.
- create a plugin link page that is categorised (j2ee, ide, artifact
handling, test, packaging, CI, archetypes, source generators, reports) -
to be automated later by additional metadata
- enhance plugin link page (more plugins, add current release version
and quality (dev, alpha, beta, stable) - to be automated later (MNG-1213)
- add search box to the index page (google for now)
- chop up the getting started guide so it is again something you could
do in 10 minutes to get a feel for Maven (perhaps go back to the level
of the original guide). Maybe rename to something else? I used to call
it "the 10 minute test" on Maven 1.
- categorise the guides page, rename the page as "Index" (not
index.html) - MNG-1540
- relabel "other projects FAQ" as "guide for sync partners" or similar.
It should go into a repository related subsection.

The other thing to do is revise the front page and navigation. So I'll
propose mine based on the discussions I've been reading, and Jason will
gather up suggestions from others. Between them we can probably start
making steps.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/

Re: action items

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 19 Jun 06, at 10:14 AM 19 Jun 06, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Aside from the stuff related to plugin documentation, we have some
> other things to do. Same approach - here's a list, looking for a
> show of hands on who's interested (or if these seem wrong).
> Eventually all need to get to JIRA:
>
> - apply the maven site skin consistently (MNG-1212)
> - site structuring (this already had concrete proposals):
>   * http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200602.mbox/%
> 3C43E96733.5070309@apache.org%3E
>   * http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200602.mbox/%
> 3C43E97D27.8080900@apache.org%3E
>   * see also Better Builds with Maven section on "separating
> developer and user content"
> - set up a staging site
> - remove "2" from Maven 2 references (it's just Maven). We'll still
> refer to Maven 1.x in comparisons and pointing to the Maven 1.1 docs.
> - create a plugin link page that is categorised (j2ee, ide,
> artifact handling, test, packaging, CI, archetypes, source
> generators, reports) - to be automated later by additional metadata
> - enhance plugin link page (more plugins, add current release
> version and quality (dev, alpha, beta, stable) - to be automated
> later (MNG-1213)
> - add search box to the index page (google for now)
> - chop up the getting started guide so it is again something you
> could do in 10 minutes to get a feel for Maven (perhaps go back to
> the level of the original guide). Maybe rename to something else? I
> used to call it "the 10 minute test" on Maven 1.

-1

Leave this one and make a shorter one. This can be broken up into
stages and walked through wizard style but it's comprehensive. It's
not approachable right now, I agree, but it's a full working
scenerio. Something smaller can be made for the 10 minute thing.

> - categorise the guides page, rename the page as "Index" (not
> index.html) - MNG-1540

John worked on a new list of cateogies based on JIRA and I still have
the list that we (brett/jason) refined from that. I'll dig that out
before I jump on a plane.

> - relabel "other projects FAQ" as "guide for sync partners" or
> similar. It should go into a repository related subsection.
>
> The other thing to do is revise the front page and navigation. So
> I'll propose mine based on the discussions I've been reading, and
> Jason will gather up suggestions from others. Between them we can
> probably start making steps.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --