Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Monteiro Jean-Louis <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/08/11 09:15:02 UTC

TR : RE : Tomcat DBCP - Encrypted Username and Encrypted Password

De : Sethu [cyberexpress_99@yahoo.com]
Date d'envoi : lundi 10 août 2009 15:59
À : Monteiro Jean-Louis
Objet : Re: RE : Tomcat DBCP - Encrypted Username and Encrypted Password

Thanks Jean Louis for your reply. I looked at the patch information. Could you send me the modified BasicDataSource.java to me or the Java file which you had modified and tested.

Thanks!
-Sethu
________________________________
De : Sethu [cyberexpress_99@yahoo.com<ma...@yahoo.com>]
Date d'envoi : samedi 8 août 2009 14:34
À : Monteiro Jean-Louis

Hello Jean Louis,

I am a vivid fan of Apache Tomcat and use for multiple projects including some Financial and Banking Institutions.

I am being questioned on the storage of username and password in plaintext by CIO's of such institutions and just because of this they wanted to move on with Commercial App Servers like IBM WAS / Oracle WLS. I don't quickly agree for such heavy weight commercial application servers.

I was browsing your link and interested to know from you how did you implement the encryption of Tomcat DBCP.

I did try extending BasicDataSourceFactory and writing a custom factory method to do this encryption. The only glitch here from my coding experience is that it requires to provide all the DBCP data source properties with in the java file. Even if I provide the custom factory method along with the definition of DBCP in server.xml, it is able to create a basic data source, but I am unable to use that DS in my custom application. Any thought on how you were planning to achive this?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!
-Sethu

Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité du groupe Atos Origin ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos Origin group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.