Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/14 09:38:59 UTC

http://whyopencomputing.ch/

Hi all,

For a couple of days, there is a lot of advertising in my country for a new
company that wants to offer preinstalled PC with Ubuntu :
http://whyopencomputing.ch/

As I do not work with Linux, I wonder if a AOO 4.0 packet is planned for
Ubuntu.

If this is the case, and if you do agree, I could try to contact this
company to attract its attention to the AOO project.

Regards

--

gw

Re: http://whyopencomputing.ch/

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juergen,

2013/7/14 Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>

> Am Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013 um 09:38 schrieb Guy Waterval:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For a couple of days, there is a lot of advertising in my country for a
> new
> > company that wants to offer preinstalled PC with Ubuntu :
> > http://whyopencomputing.ch/
> >
> > As I do not work with Linux, I wonder if a AOO 4.0 packet is planned for
> > Ubuntu.
> >
> > If this is the case, and if you do agree, I could try to contact this
> > company to attract its attention to the AOO project.
> >

> AOO 4.0 will be available as rpm and deb and will run on Ubuntu. We can
> always benefit from people with more detailed distro knowledge that can
> help to improve the system integration.

Message sent and response already received. Currently, they will stick to
the choice of Canonical: LibreOffice.

A+

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Am Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013 um 09:38 schrieb Guy Waterval:
> Hi all,
>
> For a couple of days, there is a lot of advertising in my country for a new
> company that wants to offer preinstalled PC with Ubuntu :
> http://whyopencomputing.ch/
>
> As I do not work with Linux, I wonder if a AOO 4.0 packet is planned for
> Ubuntu.
>
> If this is the case, and if you do agree, I could try to contact this
> company to attract its attention to the AOO project.

AOO 4.0 will be available as rpm and deb and will run on Ubuntu. We can always benefit from people with more detailed distro knowledge that can help to improve the system integration.

Juergen