Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jorge Luis Betancourt González <jl...@uci.cu> on 2013/12/21 09:05:17 UTC

Prevent indexing of several phrases

Right now we have a custom use case: Basically we are using a separated solr core to store/suggest queries made by our users in our frontend app (writtern y Symfony2+Solarium). So basically each time a user hits our search box the query goes into this particular core. The thing is that there are several queries that we don't want to get indexed (and later suggested to the user), so we don't have a list of tokens to ban, but whole phrases. How could we accomplish this? We are using solr 3.6.

Greetings!
III Escuela Internacional de Invierno en la UCI del 17 al 28 de febrero del 2014. Ver www.uci.cu

Re: Prevent indexing of several phrases

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Wouldn't it be better or at least easier to simply filter out the
unacceptable phrases before you send them to Solr for indexing?

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.
I would do that on client side or in an UpdateRequestProcessor

Andrea