Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Geoffrey Mitchell <ga...@imail.kwcorp.com> on 2005/11/04 22:19:39 UTC

Re: *****spam***** Re: Example Ant 1.6 build files for project with multiple WAR and JAR modules?

> XDoclet 1.2.x doesnt work on java1.5???
>
> I had no idea - I had to stick with java1.4 on my last project.
> Ignorance is bliss, as they say...
>
> You got me scurrying to Google, though, and there would now appear to
> be an XJavaDoc snapshot release which lets you use XDoclet 1.2.x with
> Java 1.5., although it wasn't immediately apparent whether this just
> meant that XDoclet would crash if your non-annotated code uses Java
> 1.5 features, or whether you could actually annotate Java1.5
> constructs like fields using generics.

xjavadoc 1.5-snapshot050611 (and presumably later) supports 1.5 syntax
in-so-far as it will no longer consider it a syntax error.  Ejbdoclet
will still not recognize that you have defined an interface to use
generics.  If you have a method in your EJB class that returns
List<Foo>, ejbdoclet will generate a remote interface which returns List.