Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu> on 2009/02/02 12:36:41 UTC

Hadoop User Group UK Meetup - April 14th

I've started organizing the next Hadoop meetup in London, UK. The date
is April 14th and the presentations so far include:

Michael Stack (Powerset): Apache HBase
Isabel Drost (Neofonie): Introducing Apache Mahout
Iadh Ounis and Craig Macdonalt (University of Glasgow): Terrier
Paolo Castagna (HP): "Having Fun with PageRank and MapReduce"

Keep an eye on the blog for updates: http://huguk.org/

Help in the form of sponsoring (venue, beer etc) would be much
appreciated. Also let me know if you want to present. Personally I'd
love to see presentations from other Hadoop related projects (pig, hive,
hama etc).

/Johan

Re: Hadoop User Group UK Meetup - April 14th

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Oops, Sorry for my late. agenda seems already fixed.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Fwd: Hadoop User Group UK Meetup - April 14th

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Check this out.

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.
Registrations to the next Hadoop User Group UK meetup have now opened:
http://huguk.eventwax.com/hadoop-user-group-uk-2

The preliminary schedule:
10.00 – 10.15: Arriving and chatting
10.15 – 11.15: Practical MapReduce (Tom White, Cloudera)
11.15 – 12.15: Introducing Apache Mahout (Isabel Drost, ASF)
12.15 – 13.15: Lunch
13.15 – 14.15: Terrier (Iadh Ounis and Craig Macdonald, University of
Glasgow)
14.15 – 15.15: Having Fun with PageRank and MapReduce (Paolo Castagna, HP)
15.15 – 16.15: Apache HBase (Michael Stack, Powerset)
16.15 – 17.00: General chat, perhaps lightning talks (powered by Sun beer)
17.00 – 00.00: Discussions continues at a nearby pub

The event is hosted by Sun in London, near Monument station, for more
details see the event page or the blog: http://huguk.org/

/Johan

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Check this out.