Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/10/11 09:18:34 UTC

PMC members please add your PGP keys to https://id.apache.org

Hi,

PMC members which might sign releases need to add their PGP keys at
https://id.apache.org : add fingerprints to the "OpenPGP Public Key
Primary Fingerprint" field(s) and upload your keys to public key
servers.

The goal is for https://people.apache.org/keys/group/netbeans.asc to
provide those keys (*) as that's what people should use to validate
signatures.

More info at https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

-Bertrand

(*) Currently that file contains keys for

ASF ID: ate
ASF ID: bdelacretaz
ASF ID: bdelacretaz
ASF ID: brunoflavio
ASF ID: humbedooh
ASF ID: humbedooh
ASF ID: jim
ASF ID: jim
ASF ID: struberg

I suppose that file aggregates the keys of users listed at
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/netbeans so we must also keep
that up to date.

Re: PMC members please add your PGP keys to https://id.apache.org

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Jaroslav Tulach
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The goal is for https://people.apache.org/keys/group/netbeans.asc to
>> provide those keys...

> I am not sure how to update this file, however.

I found that info at https://people.apache.org/keys/ now, it looks
like that file is updated once day, so your key should appear
tomorrow. Thanks for taking care of this!

-Bertrand

Re: PMC members please add your PGP keys to https://id.apache.org

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
OK, I did my best to create proper Apache signing key:

> PMC members which might sign releases need to add their PGP keys at
> https://id.apache.org : add fingerprints to the "OpenPGP Public Key
> Primary Fingerprint" field(s) and upload your keys to public key
> servers.

I've uploaded my key to
http://pgp.surfnet.nl/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0xE860B148D27236F9
and entered its fingerprint 86D4 7EEC C6B9 B9F7 7B3D  7C9F E860 B148 D272
36F9
into my record at https://id.apache.org -
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/jtulach

> The goal is for https://people.apache.org/keys/group/netbeans.asc to
> provide those keys (*) as that's what people should use to validate
> signatures.

I am not sure how to update this file, however.

More info at https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

I don't see any info about that in this document. There is the "The KEYS
File" section, but it doesn't say where the netbeans.asc file is located at
as far as I can tell.

Thanks for guiding us through all of this.
-jt

(*) Currently that file contains keys for

> ASF ID: ate
> ASF ID: bdelacretaz
> ASF ID: bdelacretaz
> ASF ID: brunoflavio
> ASF ID: humbedooh
> ASF ID: humbedooh
> ASF ID: jim
> ASF ID: jim
> ASF ID: struberg
>
> I suppose that file aggregates the keys of users listed at
> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/netbeans so we must also keep
> that up to date.

PS: Does that mean the netbeans.asc file will be regenerated automatically?
Then we could just wait, I assume...