Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Merill Ronquillo <mr...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/27 19:48:06 UTC

VNC via public IP

I've followed the "Quick Installation Guide for CentOS" and have a single server
installation. I have a single public IP, and all the cloudstack components are
using NAT'd IPs. I'm able to access the VNC consoles from internally, but cannot
via the public IP. My firewall is forwarding 8080 correctly, since I can access
the management console via the public IP.

How do I access the VNC consoles via the public IP? My browser just responds
with "The operation timed out". I'm using Cloudstack 4.4 on CentOS 6.5 with KVM.

Re: VNC via public IP

Posted by Merill Ronquillo <mr...@gmail.com>.
Kirk Kosinski <ki...@...> writes:

> Hi, Merill.  Did you set up port forwarding rules on your firewall for
> the VNC ports on the VM IPs?  You'll need such a rule for every VM.
>
> Best regards,
> Kirk

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to think it's not possible with the
configuration from the guide since the public IP for the Console Proxy is
actually an RFC 1918 address. When I get the operation timed out message and
view the source on the page, I see that it is in fact trying to use the RFC
1918 address. My workaround will probably be to set up a VPN to this network.

--merill

Re: VNC via public IP

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.