Posted to users@camel.apache.org by John fansler <Jo...@omnicell.com> on 2018/05/29 17:08:46 UTC

Camel and ActiveMQ ObjectMessage

As of ActiveMQ version 5.12, you have to whitelist the objects used by any message that is of type ObjectMessage. I believe the default in Camel is to handle the serialization when producing and consuming from message queues which results in an ObjectMessages.

I know we can explicitly call “marshal()” before producing a message and “unmarshal()” after consuming a message to avoid the ObjectMessage type.

Is there a cleaner way to produce and consume from ActiveMQ that does not require explicit marshal/unmarshall calls around every message queue?

We are currently using camel version 18.3.

Thanks,

-john

Re: Camel and ActiveMQ ObjectMessage

Posted by Alex Dettinger <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

  I wonder if you could be interested in "messageConverter", e.g:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-jms/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/component/jms/ConsumeMessageConverterTest.java

Regards,
Alex