Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by SAMEER YADAV <20...@mnit.ac.in> on 2011/06/23 18:36:23 UTC

Advice on Load Testing

Can sombody plz tell me how to generate load to a James server and get statistics regarding JVM?
Actually I'm trying to perform an experiment to test JVM for its aging effects. So I am using James mail server for the stress test but am not sure how to generate load over it. I came to know about Jmeter and Postage. Can somebody help me with this!

------------------

SAMEER YADAV

Dept of Computer Engg.
Malaviya National Institute of Tecnology JAIPUR
INDIA - 302017

Re: Advice on Load Testing

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Depends on what you want to stress test..

For example for SMTP smtp-source is nice tool which comes with postfix. See:
http://james.apache.org/server/3/feature-perfomance.html

For imap I'm usual use imaptest which can be found here:
http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Installation

Bye,
Norman