Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2014/10/06 12:45:17 UTC

[Notes] [Service Grouping] Peer Reviews on Topology and Autoscaler Changes for Service Grouping

Hi Devs,

Myself, Reka and Udara carried out $subject. We did not go for a hangout
based review since the designs are in the initial stages and are not
finalized yet. Please note that we are will conducting code reviews over
hangouts for the upcoming milestones.

Notes from the code review on Autoscaler changes for Service Grouping:

   - Use Java Executor Services in place of Threads and use the methods in
   the Executor Service class to manage them
   - Check if its ok to throw Runtime exceptions from event handling code
   - Use code comments to explain complex logic
   - Check the possibility of defining an abstraction for Group Monitor and
   Cluster Monitor

Notes from the code review on Topology changes for Service Grouping:

   - Add comments in ApplicationParser
   - Has used Object as a method argument in the Parser - check if it can
   be avoided
   - Use StringUtils to check null and empty
   - Using instance of is a bad practise and need to be removed
   - Need to remove the clusterContext and all other application related
   data from the Topology in application undeploying

Reka/Udara, please add anything I have missed.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.

Re: [Notes] [Service Grouping] Peer Reviews on Topology and Autoscaler Changes for Service Grouping

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,

In addition we need to come up with a way to minimize the uses of methods
which has a lot of arguments.

Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.