Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Calvin <sz...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/20 16:48:03 UTC

svn:ignore

I set the svn:ignore property, but I can still check in files which is
ignored.

Is it a property only affect svn:status, or actually enforced on server side
to ignore the files?

Thanks,

Calvin

Re: How to enable user to change their own password

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:35:01PM -0700, Nick Pappas wrote:
> For Apache, you would need to give the user your server runs under
> ('nobody' commonly) access to the password binary.  A simple PHP
> script could run it off the server with whatever parameters you need.

I have a perl CGI example of this available at
http://www.kluge.net/~felicity/random/htpasswd-pl.txt

Hope it helps. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

Directory Matching in Access Policy file

Posted by Calvin <sz...@hotmail.com>.
I have to specify the actual direct name in order to set access policy. Is
there anyway for me to set directory wildcard?

Like this:

[repo:/trunk/*/bin]
* =

To disable check in any bin folder?

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.
Calvin wrote:
> Sounds like we need web interface for the user to change their
> password. It's unacceptable that he has to tell his password to
> admin.
>
> I guess somebody has already done that?

Just like the handling for authentication through Apache, changing
passwords can be done using the many, MANY solutions already available -
this is NOT something unique to Subversion.  The only place where
Subversion actually handles password processing of any kind on the
server is when running svnserve, IIRC.

A quick search for "Apache authentication" should turn up a VERY long
list of useful and a few not-so-useful resources.  Add some more
keywords if you're looking for details on one particular type of
authentication backend.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!

RE: How to enable user to change their own password

Posted by Nick Pappas <nw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Coles <jc...@rogers.com>.
I use a Perl script. It runs in a ScriptAlias location that requires
authentication,
so I know who is calling the script. It then uses the Apache htpasswd
utility
to change the password with the command:

/usr/local/apache2/bin/htpasswd -bm /home/svn/users $username  $newpasswd 2

/home/svn/users is my password file. Passwords use MD5 encryption.

Here is the entire script. I am new to Perl, so I would not be surprised
if people here find flaws or suggest improvements to it:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use CGI qw(:standard);
print header;
print "<html><head>";
print "<title>Change password</title>";
print "</head><body>";
print "<FORM action=chpasswd.cgi method=GET>";
print "</FORM>";

my $username=$ENV{REMOTE_USER};
my $newpasswd = param('newpasswd');
if ($newpasswd ne undef) {
    my $confirmpasswd = param('confirmpasswd');
    if ($newpasswd eq $confirmpasswd) {
        print "<pre>";
        system ("/usr/local/apache2/bin/htpasswd -bm /home/svn/users
$username  $newpasswd 2> /home/svn/result && cat /home/svn/result");
        print "</pre>";
     }
    else { print "<p>Confirmation doesn't match password. Try again.</p>"; }
}
else {print "<br>";}
print "</body></html>\n";

Posted by Calvin <sz...@hotmail.com>.
Is there anyway to do this?

Re: svn:ignore

Posted by Günter Dannoritzer <da...@web.de>.
Calvin,

Calvin wrote:

> I set the svn:ignore property, but I can still check in files which is
> ignored.
>
> Is it a property only affect svn:status, or actually enforced on server side
> to ignore the files?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Calvin

As I understand the property, the svn status command does not show the
status of files for which this property is set. If you explicitly svn
add a file and then svn commit it, it is still committed to the repository.

The other option is that svn:ignore files are not imported with a svn
import command.

Regards,

Guenter