Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/09 18:26:22 UTC

Displaying a page in a new window

I want to have a help icon that displays information (tutorial, FAQs, etc...)
in a new window or browser.  I know I can use Desktop.browse to display a
new applet, but was hoping to avoid using the Desktop class.  What other
options are there?  I don't think I want a new window within my main applet
because I would like the user to be able to view the help applet and the
main applet at the same time.

Thanks

Re: Displaying a page in a new window

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You can also use BrowserApplicationContext.eval() to open a window. However, this will fail if the application is not running in a browser.