Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2008/04/10 19:09:35 UTC

Permissions on mail dir? Accessing mail archives throws "You don't have permission to access /mail/core-dev/ on this server."

Accessing hadoop and hbase mail archives, users get "You don't have
permission to access /mail/core-dev/ on this server.".

[stack@minotaur /www/hadoop.apache.org]$ ls -lad mail core
drwxrwxr-x  7 cutting  hadoop  1024 Apr  3 15:36 core
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root     hadoop    42 Jan 18 02:45 mail ->
/home/apmail/public-arch/hadoop.apache.org

Permissions look fine to me.  Maybe its that the Apache server doesn't
allow following of symlinks?

Any one have a better clue than I on how to fix this?

Thanks,
St.Ack