Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Marvin Chase <Ma...@GFInet.com> on 2002/03/25 22:37:25 UTC

NDC.DiagnosticContext bug ?

Hello All,

NDC (Nested Diagnostic Context) is a serializable class, but it's inner
class DiagnosticContext does not implement Serializable.  I am attempting to
serialize the NDC Stack object (which contains DiagnosticContext objects)
for transport and exceptions are being thrown because DiagnosticContext is
not serializable.

I think this is a bug.  Please confirm and I'll submit a bug report.

Regards..

Confidentiality note: This e-mail contains information from the
GFI Group Inc. and/or its affiliates, including GFInet inc.,
that is confidential and/or legally privileged.   This
information is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named on this e-mail.  This e-mail and its content may
not be reproduced or retransmitted without the express written
permission of The GFI Group.

Re: NDC.DiagnosticContext bug ?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
We do not serialize the NDC but it's string form. Isn't the string form
enough for your needs?

At 16:37 25.03.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>NDC (Nested Diagnostic Context) is a serializable class, but it's inner
>class DiagnosticContext does not implement Serializable.  I am attempting to
>serialize the NDC Stack object (which contains DiagnosticContext objects)
>for transport and exceptions are being thrown because DiagnosticContext is
>not serializable.
>
>I think this is a bug.  Please confirm and I'll submit a bug report.
>
>Regards..

>Confidentiality note: This e-mail contains information from the
>GFI Group Inc. and/or its affiliates, including GFInet inc.,
>that is confidential and/or legally privileged.   This
>information is intended only for the use of the individual or
>entity named on this e-mail.  This e-mail and its content may
>not be reproduced or retransmitted without the express written
>permission of The GFI Group.

Ceki

My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/