Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2006/12/12 15:39:44 UTC

Sorry Dhawal - no personal attacks allowed

Well - if you don't like me then why don't you write a filter rule to
delete message coming from me? I'm not going away so get used to it. If
my threads weren't so damn interesting it wouldn't generate so much
interest.

I think that your personal attack is not appropriate for this forum.
This is a tech forum and there are lots of ideas that you aren't going
to like. You're just going to have to get used to it.

Re: Sorry Dhawal - no personal attacks allowed

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Well - if you don't like me then why don't you write a filter rule to
> delete message coming from me? I'm not going away so get used to it. If
> my threads weren't so damn interesting it wouldn't generate so much
> interest.
>
> I think that your personal attack is not appropriate for this forum.
> This is a tech forum and there are lots of ideas that you aren't going
> to like. You're just going to have to get used to it.

For a minute there reading my mail this morning, I thought Thunderbird
screwed up and put my qmail list mail in the SA folder.

DAve

> Dhawal Doshy wrote:
>>
>> I am not against off-topic discussions (and also indulge in a few when
>> appropriate), what i am tired of is 'Perkel', have a look at some of
>> the threads started by him..
>>
>> Breaking up the Bot army - we need a plan
>> Who wants my spam - seriously!
>> About the SpamHaus lawsuit?
>> I'm thinking about suing Microsoft
>> What's with UCEPROTECT List?
>> Allowing IMAP/POP to Send Email
>> What changes would you make to stop spam? - United Nations Paper
>> SPF breaks email forwarding
>> The best way to use Spamassassin is to not use Spamassassin
>> The Future of Email is SQL
>> Tricky DNS Question - Advanced
>> Who wants my spam - seriously!
>> Suing Spammers
>> Fighting spam by public education?
>>
>> End of topic for me. Good day to you all.
>>
>> - dhawal

Veterans?

Re: Sorry Dhawal - no personal attacks allowed [OT]

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:01 AM -0800 Ken A <ka...@pacific.net> wrote:

> Some people on this list have to pay per kb of bandwidth used.

You might want to read the list with a newsreader, through gmane. Then you
just download the headers and pick and choose the bodies you want.

My practice is to use an IMAP mail server and do server-side filtering with
procmail to separate per-list folders. My mail client (Mulberry) just
fetches the headers and I only download the bodies I actually think might
be interesting. (With IMAP, attachments are a separate download, so that
also saves me time and bandwidth when reading mail with big attachments.)

Re: Sorry Ken A - no personal attacks allowed [OT]

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Ken A wrote:

> How very thoughtful. I'd prefer we expect a bit of self restraint. I
> promise to do my homework before posting to the list, and not post
> about off topic or overly broad issues, since this is the Spam
> Assassin Users Discussion list.
>
> Ken A
> Pacific.Net

Your complaint is off topic and it's a personal attack. So stop it.

Re: Sorry Dhawal - no personal attacks allowed [OT]

Posted by Ken A <ka...@pacific.net>.

Jim Maul wrote:
> Ken A wrote:
>>

>> Dhawal Doshy wrote:

>>> Sincere apologies..
>>>

>> Marc,
>>
>> It does get a bit old watching you light fires. The claims you make
>> about how this or that doesn't work (usually because you don't
>> understand it), and the overly broad "how are we gonna make a better
>> toaster?" questions really do increase the noise level quite a bit here.
>>

> The subject is clear.  If you notice a message you dont care about,
> filter them out by subject.

I do.

Posted by Jim Maul <jm...@elih.org>.

Posted by Ken A <ka...@pacific.net>.