Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Shawn Cretti <sc...@xaware.com> on 2002/08/13 00:40:20 UTC

XML Documentation Generation

Hi,
Please let me know if I am in the wrong group, but I have a question
regarding the XML documentation.  The project I am working on is
currently in the process of moving to Ant as our build tool.  Our
product is used to XML-enable systems and we have our own XML elements
and attributes that are used to accomplish this.  We would like to be
able to document the elements and attributes that we use in an efficient

and organized manner.  I have noticed the documentation that is provided

with Ant and it looks great.  Could someone tell me how that is
generated?  If it is a doclet, I have not found the corresponding
documentation in the java source code and I've searched the jakarta site

and Ant FAQ.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Shawn Cretti
Sr. Software Engineer

Re: XML Documentation Generation

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
It mostly uses anakia http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/anakia.

Some documentaition on how to do projects using the default jakarta setup (ie
stylesheets and document format) is avaiable at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:40, Shawn Cretti wrote:
> Hi,
> Please let me know if I am in the wrong group, but I have a question
> regarding the XML documentation.  The project I am working on is
> currently in the process of moving to Ant as our build tool.  Our
> product is used to XML-enable systems and we have our own XML elements
> and attributes that are used to accomplish this.  We would like to be
> able to document the elements and attributes that we use in an efficient
>
> and organized manner.  I have noticed the documentation that is provided
>
> with Ant and it looks great.  Could someone tell me how that is
> generated?  If it is a doclet, I have not found the corresponding
> documentation in the java source code and I've searched the jakarta site
>
> and Ant FAQ.  Any help is appreciated.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)