Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Heather Stephens <he...@bea.com> on 2004/11/12 23:45:15 UTC

Beehive Releases V1 Alpha

Beehive, an Apache Incubator project, released a V1 alpha today just in
time for ApacheCon.

What is Beehive, you ask?

The goal of Beehive is to make J2EE programming easier by using JSR-175
metadata annotations to simplify the most complex J2EE coding tasks.
Beehive is divided into three sub-projects:

 * Page Flows -- Page Flows are built on top of Struts.  The JSR-175
programming model allows for automatic updating of Struts configuration
files as well as easy tooling inside of IDEs.

 * Controls -- Controls are a framework for building lightweight J2EE
components.

 * Web Services -- The web services project implements JSR-181, a
metadata annotation driven programming model for web services.

We'd love it if you'd give it a whirl.

Binary distributions, including samples, are here:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/beehive/v1.0-alpha/bin/

Documentation goodies are on our project site:
http://incubator.apache.org/beehive/index.html

project.  Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure,
communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a
manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the
project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

beehive target spec versions

Posted by Alexander Smirnoff <al...@sympatico.ca>.
May be I've overlooked the answer in sources or manuals...
Nevertheless it worth asking for the official response:

What are the target specifications for Beehive and
compatability versions of Struts?

Servlet specification: 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4?
Jsp specification: 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3?
J2EE specification: 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4?
What are the supported versions of Struts?

Thanks,
Alex Smirnoff.>

beehive target spec versions