Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sharath reddy <re...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/17 16:21:23 UTC

[users@httpd] child process launching the child process in prefork

Hi All,

I am using apache 2.0.55(wirh prefork) on Linux,

In normal conditions single control process is responsible for launching
child processes which listen for connections and serve them when they
arrive...

Problem: the child processes are also launching child processes, so when i
started(restarted) apache, it is starting with 15 ( or more) servers, even
though the StartServers is 5. Further more, to serve one request the total
processes are going as high as 48.

Can somebody tell me about the solution or where it went wrong? Is it
problem with Apache or OS (Linux) ?

Re: [users@httpd] child process launching the child process in prefork

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 11/17/06, sharath reddy <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>
> Thakns for response, Actually i forgot to mention that i am using third
> party module (WSSO from oblix,oracle) for authntication and authorization.
> is that creating any problems??

I have no idea.  But certainly the first thing I'd try is to disable
this and see if the problem goes away.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] child process launching the child process in prefork

Posted by sharath reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joshua,

Thakns for response, Actually i forgot to mention that i am using third
party module (WSSO from oblix,oracle) for authntication and authorization.
is that creating any problems??

Thanks,
Sharath

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by sharath reddy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joshua,

i am not using any piped modules and here are the compiled
modules list.....,

Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c