Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/04/12 02:26:35 UTC

Possible error in Tapestry.js

I'm getting an error using IE8 upon form submission - the error appears to
be Tapestry.js (from T5.2.4) line 1545 - Error: Object doesn't support this
property or method

if (this.form.getInputs("hidden", "t:formdata").size() == 0)

The only methods listed as available for this.form within the IE8 debugger
are onsubmit() - anyone else seeing this issue?  It seems fine under FF /
Chrome.

This appears to happen whether I start with:

<form t:id="uWEventForm" name="uWEventForm">

Or

<t:form t:id="uWEventForm" name="uWEventForm">

Regards,
Jim.

RE: Possible error in Tapestry.js

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks Richard – it doesn’t appear to be a million miles off – in my case the POST does get made also, but as you say, it’s not ideal.  Any other suggestions for a fix / workaround welcome.  The JS in tapestry.js looks pretty gritty.

Posted by Richard Hill <ri...@su3analytics.com>.
Incidently, I had a possibly related problem a while back, also IE8.
Original mail attached.

A wild guess, but it could be something to do with the way IE8 tries to
parallelarise loading and interpreting of js assets.

R.

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
I agree, it should be in tapestry.js

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim

It doesn't seem to be a tapestry problem. I googled a bit and found this.

http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous/browse_thread/thread/b42edac07aa9c78d/ba0aa422a333a454?pli=1

<http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous/browse_thread/thread/b42edac07aa9c78d/ba0aa422a333a454?pli=1>hope
this helps
regards