Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/27 08:20:49 UTC

Re: svn commit: r778945 - /tuscany/java/sca/modules/databinding-jaxb/pom.xml

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:09 AM,  <rf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rfeng
> Date: Wed May 27 01:09:57 2009
> New Revision: 778945

> Log:
> Update to jaxb-impl 2.1.11

Could you say why so we all understand? I'm still interested in a JDK6
distro that doesn't include all the dependencies that are included in
the JDK so it would be good to understand what versions that would
require.

  ...ant

Re: svn commit: r778945 - /tuscany/java/sca/modules/databinding-jaxb/pom.xml

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
The jaxb-impl 2.1.11 is the latest and greatest release which is compatible
with the jaxb-api 2.1 which we care for the compatibility. It won't impact
our JDK 6 decision.

I'm supporting the idea to remove dependencies which are part of JDK 6. Can
you start to create JDK5 and/or JDK6 maven profiles to conditionally include
some of the dependencies such as StAX, JAXB, JAXWS?  Or maybe we can require
JDK 6 as the minimum level for 2.x?

Thanks,
Raymond