Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lane Friesen <fr...@hotmail.com> on 2016/08/02 13:25:46 UTC

ios Provisioning Profile

Apple recently changed their policy. It is now possible for a non-developer to run a program from XCode on an actual iOS device. Is it possible to do the same from a Flex mobile program on IntelliJ?
JetBrain instructions at the following address seem to indicate that the answer is No. You need to log in as a developer in order to get a provisioning profile.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/flex-users/201303.mbox/%3C513D855C.7050705@jetbrains.com%3E
Is this old information? Is there now a way for a non-developer to run/debug a vanilla Flex program (same restrictions as with XCode) on an actual iOS device (personal device only) via a USB cable as can be done with XCode? I have both a Mac and an Apple so can use either platform.
For instance, does XCode generate a non-developer’s provisioning profile that can be referenced by IntelliJ? Where would it be located?
Thanks,
Lane.

Re: ios Provisioning Profile

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Hmm. This may not be a new feature. This is a report from last year:

http://www.wastedpotential.com/running-xcode-projects-on-a-device-without-a-developer-account-in-xcode-7/

It does say that (at least in Xcode 7) it's only available if you don't
tie that Apple ID to a developer account i.e. you never plan to release
via the store.

Tom

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.