Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by alezx <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 13:12:15 UTC

problem with page refresh

Hi guys, I ran into a problem lately,

I have an instance variable in my panel and an ajax behaviour

public final class ScrollLoader extends Panel implements IHeaderContributor
{

  int number = 0;
  private AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior b;
  ..

  //constructor
  public Scrolloader (...){
      b = new AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior() {
            @Override
            protected void respond(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
                System.out.println("number is "+number);
                number++;
            }
       }
      ..
  }
}

when I click a button on the page, with ajax I call this behaviour and the
number is incremented.

if I click on the buttons 5 times, the number increments to 0,1,2,3,4,
then if I refresh the page and than click on the button other 5 times, the
number goes to 9 (5,6,7,8,9)

//so far, so good!

but now if I refresh the page again, and I click on the button the number
starts incrementing from 4 and not from 9!! (so If I press the button 5
times I see again 5,6,7,8,9 and not 10,11,12..)

same problem when I load the page for the first time:

If I *refresh * the page before incrementing the value, the number starts
incrementing from 0
so i get 0,1,2,3,4
if I refresh again, the number starts incrementing from 0 again..

in other words when I refresh the page 2, 3, 4 times, the number starts
incrementing from the value reached before the first refresh, after that
first refresh any change to the number is  lost..

so what do I do wrong?

sorry if this is a bit confusing,

and thanks for your help!

ale

Re: problem with page refresh

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I see you use 1.4.x (implementing IHeaderContributor). Which url
coding strategy is used for this page ?
I'd recommend you to use HybridUrlCodingStrategy because it keeps the
page id in the url (something like: my/page.4)
This is the reason why urls for stateful pages in Wicket 1.5 also keep
the pageId in the url (my/page?4). This way even the refresh keeps the
last state of the page. Without the page id Wicket would create a new
instance of the page.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM, alezx <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, I ran into a problem lately,
>
> I have an instance variable in my panel and an ajax behaviour
>
> public final class ScrollLoader extends Panel implements IHeaderContributor
> {
>
>  int number = 0;
>  private AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior b;
>  ..
>
>  //constructor
>  public Scrolloader (...){
>      b = new AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior() {
>            @Override
>            protected void respond(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
>                System.out.println("number is "+number);
>                number++;
>            }
>       }
>      ..
>  }
> }
>
> when I click a button on the page, with ajax I call this behaviour and the
> number is incremented.
>
> if I click on the buttons 5 times, the number increments to 0,1,2,3,4,
> then if I refresh the page and than click on the button other 5 times, the
> number goes to 9 (5,6,7,8,9)
>
> //so far, so good!
>
> but now if I refresh the page again, and I click on the button the number
> starts incrementing from 4 and not from 9!! (so If I press the button 5
> times I see again 5,6,7,8,9 and not 10,11,12..)
>

> same problem when I load the page for the first time:
>
> If I *refresh * the page before incrementing the value, the number starts
> incrementing from 0
> so i get 0,1,2,3,4
> if I refresh again, the number starts incrementing from 0 again..
>
> in other words when I refresh the page 2, 3, 4 times, the number starts
> incrementing from the value reached before the first refresh, after that
> first refresh any change to the number is  lost..
>
> so what do I do wrong?
>
> sorry if this is a bit confusing,
>
> and thanks for your help!
>
> ale

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: problem with page refresh

Posted by Jonathan Tougas <jt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ale. I had a very similar problem, and I was able to get the behavior I
expected by changing the render strategy to ONE_PASS_RENDER in
Application.init(). Have a look at this
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/refresh-and-AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable-td4384935.html