Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2006/09/14 18:34:28 UTC

Site tagging (was Re: [VOTE] log4j 1.2.14 release)

>> The SVN tag corresponding to the release candidate is http://
>> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1_2_14.  The build
>> process has been modified to eliminate the dependency on the logging-
>> site module, so there is no corresponding tag on that project.
>
> I think logging-site should be tagged anyhow, not because of a build
> dependency, but to allow us and our users to recreate the log4j site
> as it existed for a particular version of log4j.  I personally have
> found it useful in the past.  Tags are essentially free, let's not
> skimp on them.

I'm fine with tagging site to reflect its state at the time of log4j
1.2.14 release.  Since its content doesn't affect log4j-1.2.14
itself, I'd like to tag it as the new content is pushed out assuming
a favorable vote on the release of log4j 1.2.14.  I know there are at
least some out of date facts (Mark is listed as current PMC chair at
http://logging.apache.org/who-we-are.html) and the downloads section
would need to be updated for the log4j 1.2.14 release.  I'll commit a
pass at the site changes shortly.

Re: Site tagging (was Re: [VOTE] log4j 1.2.14 release)

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 9/14/06, Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm fine with tagging site to reflect its state at the time of log4j
> 1.2.14 release.  Since its content doesn't affect log4j-1.2.14
> itself, I'd like to tag it as the new content is pushed out assuming
> a favorable vote on the release of log4j 1.2.14.

Cool.

Yoav