Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rhys D Ulerich <rh...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/09/21 00:42:02 UTC

[SCXML] ....commons.scxml.model.SCXML.XMLNS case wrong

Hi all,

As of the most recent nightly build, it looks like the SCXML.XMLNS field
is incorrect.  It contains "http://www.w3.org/2005/07/SCXML" which differs
from the w3c draft recommendation (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#N10C14).

The w3c recommendation uses lowercase "http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml"
instead of org.apache.commons.scxml.model.SCXML.XMLNS' uppercase "SCXML".

- Rhys
_______________________________________
Rhys Ulerich
WebSphere IMS/SIP SOA Enablement Developer
Email: rhys@us.ibm.com  Office: 512-838-1428
IBM Software Group - Austin, TX

Re: [SCXML] ....commons.scxml.model.SCXML.XMLNS case wrong

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/06, Rhys D Ulerich <rh...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As of the most recent nightly build, it looks like the SCXML.XMLNS field
> > is incorrect.  It contains "http://www.w3.org/2005/07/SCXML" which differs
> > from the w3c draft recommendation (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#N10C14).
> >
> <snip/>
>
> I seem to remember cut-n-pasting it from an example in an early draft,
> but there clearly is a discrepancy. I'm not sure if the namespace URI
> will change when SCXML goes candidate rec, but in the interest of
> making such a change only once, we might want to wait and see if it
> changes or not (or we could ask now).

<snip/>

Having looked at the code, this discrepancy was limited to the
SCXML.XMLNS property (and had the correct value in other places) so it
was worth fixing immediately -- should be fixed in the next nightly.

-Rahul

Re: [SCXML] ....commons.scxml.model.SCXML.XMLNS case wrong

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/06, Rhys D Ulerich <rh...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As of the most recent nightly build, it looks like the SCXML.XMLNS field
> is incorrect.  It contains "http://www.w3.org/2005/07/SCXML" which differs
> from the w3c draft recommendation (http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#N10C14).

<snip/>

I seem to remember cut-n-pasting it from an example in an early draft,
but there clearly is a discrepancy. I'm not sure if the namespace URI
will change when SCXML goes candidate rec, but in the interest of
making such a change only once, we might want to wait and see if it
changes or not (or we could ask now).

The current plan in my mind for Commons SCXML is to shoot for a 1.0
around the time SCXML goes candidate rec, and thereby account for any
changes from the draft that might be necessitate a major release (1.0
is the next major release).

In addition, you can file a JIRA ticket [1] to track this particular issue.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/issue-tracking.html