Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/30 14:38:00 UTC

Quartz CVE-2019-13990

Hi all,

There's a potential XXE in the quartz package that we shade and use. The
quartz package itself doesn't appear to be maintained any more, so I have
forked and pushed binaries with a fix to staging repos at oss.sonatype.org.

I intend to update our quartz shade code here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/deps/trunk/quartz-openejb-shade/ to
use my patched version of quartz.

It unlikely that TomEE as it is is affected by this as we're not driving
Quartz by passing XML to it, but I think it makes sense to use a patched
version to mitigate this in case users are calling this code directly in
their applications.

Are there any objections?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Quartz CVE-2019-13990

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
No-one's objected, so I'll push an update to quartz-openejb-shade, and if
its looking ok, I'll call a vote so its released and we can use the update
in TomEE.

Jon

Re: Quartz CVE-2019-13990

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.