Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/24 15:28:06 UTC

[VOTE] 2.0.0 RC3

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the fourth candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.0.0.

This is a major version release of Apache Kafka. It includes 40 new  KIPs
and

several critical bug fixes. Please see the 2.0.0 release plan for more
details:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=80448820

A few notable highlights:

   - Prefixed wildcard ACLs (KIP-290), Fine grained ACLs for CreateTopics
   (KIP-277)
   - SASL/OAUTHBEARER implementation (KIP-255)
   - Improved quota communication and customization of quotas (KIP-219,
   KIP-257)
   - Efficient memory usage for down conversion (KIP-283)
   - Fix log divergence between leader and follower during fast leader
   failover (KIP-279)
   - Drop support for Java 7 and remove deprecated code including old scala
   clients
   - Connect REST extension plugin, support for externalizing secrets and
   improved error handling (KIP-285, KIP-297, KIP-298 etc.)
   - Scala API for Kafka Streams and other Streams API improvements
   (KIP-270, KIP-150, KIP-245, KIP-251 etc.)

Release notes for the 2.0.0 release:

http://home.apache.org/~rsivaram/kafka-2.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday July 27, 4pm PT.

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):

http://home.apache.org/~rsivaram/kafka-2.0.0-rc3/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:

http://home.apache.org/~rsivaram/kafka-2.0.0-rc3/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.0 branch) is the 2.0.0 tag:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc3

* Documentation:

http://kafka.apache.org/20/documentation.html

* Protocol:

http://kafka.apache.org/20/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.0 branch:

Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.0-jdk8/90/

System tests: https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/2.0/41/

/**************************************

Thanks,

Rajini

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.0 RC3

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1

I did the quickstart and verified the documentation (upgrade notes and
notable changes). Thanks Rajini!

Re: [VOTE] 2.0.0 RC3

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1