Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Walter Keen <wa...@rainierconnect.net> on 2007/04/03 20:42:58 UTC

SA rules subscription service

I've been told there is some sort of a subscription service for SA rules
to check messages against

Does such a thing exist, I havent had any luck on google...

Re: SA rules subscription service

Posted by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com>.
Walter Keen wrote:
> I've been told there is some sort of a subscription service for SA rules
> to check messages against
>

> Does such a thing exist, I havent had any luck on google...

Yes, I have a service.  It is $5000.00 per year, payable up front.  I
will run sa-update for you, from anywhere but your office.  ;)

-=Aubrey=-

Re: SA rules subscription service

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Walter Keen wrote:
> I've been told there is some sort of a subscription service for SA rules
> to check messages against
>

> Does such a thing exist, I havent had any luck on google...

Subscription service? no.

Utility that will pull updates to the ruleset, yes.

See sa-update.

However, be aware you still need to apply version updates when they come
out. sa-update can't update the core code, which plays an important role
in spam detection by decoding various bits of the message so the rules
can be applied effectively. Not all version updates improve the parsers,
but many versions do.

Re: SA rules subscription service

Posted by Walter Keen <wa...@rainierconnect.net>.
I'm mostly looking for a commercial service, we have a handfull of mail
servers running spamassassin, but to tune it correctly is something we
would rather look at a service for than have people do it in-house.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
EACH year, as they pay their taxes, many Americans conduct a tiny

Posted by Quinn Comendant <qu...@strangecode.com>.
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:42:58 -0700, Walter Keen wrote:
> I've been told there is some sort of a subscription service for SA rules
> to check messages against
>

> Does such a thing exist, I havent had any luck on google...

OpenProtect offers a set of rule updates that are very helpful. You will use sa-update to download their new rules.

http://saupdates.openprotect.com/

Quinn

Strangecode :: Internet Consultancy
http://www.strangecode.com/