Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andrew Sharpe <an...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/07 22:04:09 UTC

fop enlarges images?

FOP users,

Using version 0.95 of FOP and running "fop -xml test.xml -xsl test.xsl -pdf test.pdf", I get the attached PDF.  Notice the image looks bigger in the PDF than it does in a graphics viewer.  Seeing as the DPI is 72, shouldn't it display the same size in both?  This is not a problem in the sample since the image still looks ok enlarged, but in my project the enlargement causes the images to look fuzzy and pixelated.

I know I'm missing something obvious but I could not find the answer in the archives or elsewhere.  Thanks in advance for any help,

Andrew

Re: fop enlarges images?

Posted by Tommy Nordgren <to...@comhem.se>.
On 7 nov 2008, at 22.04, Andrew Sharpe wrote:

> FOP users,
>
> Using version 0.95 of FOP and running "fop -xml test.xml -xsl
> test.xsl -pdf test.pdf", I get the attached PDF.  Notice the image
> looks bigger in the PDF than it does in a graphics viewer.  Seeing
> as the DPI is 72, shouldn't it display the same size in both?  This
> is not a problem in the sample since the image still looks ok
> enlarged, but in my project the enlargement causes the images to
> look fuzzy and pixelated.
>
> I know I'm missing something obvious but I could not find the answer
> in the archives or elsewhere.  Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Andrew

	Both images looks the same in your mail.
Remember: A PDF file gets rescaled when opened in the reader (See the
zoom factor displayed at the top of
a PDF window)