Posted to user@struts.apache.org by roshana <th...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/29 07:57:14 UTC

how to refresh only included pages

Hi all,
I am a newbie to java struts programming. Now I am working on a file upload
module which reads a text file, process it and port it to a database. The
progress of this operation is to be shown in a text area.

Here I am using two Jsp files - first.jsp for allowing user to select the
file to be read and second.jsp for displaying the progress in a text area. I
am also using a form bean uploadActionForm and an action uploadAction for
performing the operation. The action-mapping has two forwards "success" and
"display". The "success" forwards some intermediate validation
results to first.jsp and the progress of operation via. the number of rows
inserted is forwarded to second.jsp through the action forward "display".

The <div> tag is used to control the display of both jsps. once the import
button is clicked, the second jsp is shown by
<jsp:include page="second.jsp">
Till here it works..

And to get updated information on the number of rows so far inserted, I am
frequently refreshing second.jsp using condition based refreshing. A session
variable isProcessing it set to false when the operation is completed.

And as far as isProcessing is true, the second.jsp is coded for continous
refresh. Here I want only the second.jsp to refresh. But the refresh works
for first.jsp and soon the page first.jsp is displayed..I can't see progress
of operation. Is there a way to refresh the included page only..

I have gone through a similar code in this forum...I was trying to implement
my code like this..

thanks.
roshana.

Re: how to refresh only included pages

Posted by Kibo <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi

In Struts2 I use the ajax DIV tag
See:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/dojo-div.html

But You write: <q>I am also using a form bean uploadActionForm</q> ... and
it look like you use Struts1x.

Tomas Jurman
Czech Republic