Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2022/09/08 12:01:44 UTC

Re: Re: gitbox <-> github archetypes repo

Hi Thomas,

[delay due to vacation]

https://github.com/apache/turbine-fulcrum-build

This is (kind of) the Fulcurm Basecamp. You find here the link to the
Fulcrum documentation, more information about the release and build
process and all Fulcrum components actively in development listed.

No automatism is applied here, that is, if you want to add a missing
component, the steps are (section "COMPONENT DEVELOPMENT"):
- Add the Fulcrum component to this repo as a GIT submodule. Use the
main/trunk branch to fetch the current HEAD. The submodule's branch should
show up in .gitmodules file.

- Add it to the Maven pom module list and commit the changes in the
turbine-fulcrum-build repo.

All the GIT commands apply, and you may be able to commit to multi
components with a single message in one command.

If you want to update the documentation of a Fulcrum component see the
section "Generate and Publish Site".
There exists also a convenience build pipeline in
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Turbine/job/Fulcrum%20build%20Site%20Pipeline/
to build the site, but you need access to the Apache Jenkinas Build (from
INFRA team).
This was tested successfully, but might be considered experimental,
although a proof of concept was successful.

Hopefully this answers your question. If not, take up the thread again!
;-)

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>
An:     Turbine Developers List <de...@turbine.apache.org>
Datum:  19.08.2022 08:26
Betreff:        Re: gitbox <-> github archetypes repo

Hi Georg,

<ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>:

> As we have now separated Fulcrum GIT repos, as an replacement instead
the
> GIT submodules repo
>
> https://github.com/apache/turbine-fulcrum-build is available showing all

> Fulcrum (active) Fulcrum components.

I think, I stumbled across this problem the other day and created a new
branch named „trunk“ in
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/turbine-fulcrum-intake.git out of
desperation. How would I fix this? What is the correct way of working on
Fulcrum these days?

Bye, Thomas