Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@apache.org> on 2019/08/08 11:41:29 UTC

[NOTICE] Intent to T&R 2.4.41 in ~24 hrs

Hi, all;
   As the subject says, I'd like to get on with our 2.4.new release now that we're good to go. Will kick things off in about 24 hours
--
Daniel Ruggeri

Re: [NOTICE] Intent to T&R 2.4.41 in ~24 hrs

Posted by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org>.
On 8/8/19 4:47 PM, Daniel Ruggeri wrote:
> Yessir. I'll send a notification when ready.
> --

Regarding the usual text : Announcement2.4.txt

Seems a little confusing to the average user that we may say this is the
best version of httpd and it will need apr 1.5.x minimum and then says
"features may require the 1.6.x version of both APR and APR-Util".  Well
at the same time the apr project claims "recommended releases" are newer
apr 1.7.0.  Perhaps it would be more clear to just say we recommend that
you use Apache Portable Runtime 1.7.0 as well as Apache Portable Runtime
Utility 1.6.1 and that solves the version mystery.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC

Re: [NOTICE] Intent to T&R 2.4.41 in ~24 hrs

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dennis Clarke <dc...@blastwave.org>.