Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 19:25:34 UTC

Cloudstack MS failover

I want to setup HA of MS with HAproxy OR Keepalived.

I have MS1 & DB1 installed on 10.1.1.2  &
MS2 & DB2 installed on 10.1.1.3

also DB has master - master replication setup.

Need help on this how can i setup failover for MS.

Regards,
Tejas

Re: Cloudstack MS failover

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 27, 2014, at 6:30 AM, Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> wrote:

> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Instal
> lation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html

You should use the new documentation:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/installation.html#management-server-installation

Re: Cloudstack MS failover

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.

Re: Cloudstack MS failover

Posted by "DATACOM - Marcelo.Veriato" <ma...@datacom.ind.br>.
yeap

--
Marcelo Veriato Lima
DATACOM

Re: Cloudstack MS failover

Posted by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Cloudstack MS failover

Posted by "DATACOM - Marcelo.Veriato" <ma...@datacom.ind.br>.
My HA environment (active-standby) to MS is ok with keepalived. Just
need a floating IP address. My structure is two servers for MS and two
for DB, with acs 4.2 I use keepalived for database servers too, with 4.3
I use native database HA ...
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=34838207 ...
attention to bug 6892.

ms01 keepalived.conf example

# keepalived.conf  is  the  configuration  file  which
# describes all the keepalived keywords.  keywords are
# placed in hierachies of blocks  (and subblocks), each
# layer being delimited by '{' and '}' pairs.

# Comments  start  with  '#'  or '!' to the end of the
# line and can start anywhere in a line.

# Global configuration
global_defs {
     # To: to address that will be in header
     notification_email {
[...]