Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Haiming Zhu <he...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/10 07:05:15 UTC

Change default time partition interval from 1 day to 1 week

Hi,

We want to change default time partition interval from 1 day to 1 week,
including
time_partition_interval_for_routing in the confignode and
time_partition_interval_for_storage in the datanode.

Best,
------------------------------------
Haiming Zhu

Re: Change default time partition interval from 1 day to 1 week

Posted by Haiming Zhu <he...@gmail.com>.
Dear Qingxin Feng,

The benefit is that time partition can help us isolate data by time. We
change it back to 7 days because we find some problems when using 1 day. To
conclude it, "too small is bad, how big depends on user needs".

Best,

回复: Change default time partition interval from 1 day to 1 week

Posted by 冯 庆新 <qi...@hotmail.com>.
Dear Haiming Zhu,

 If only refer to the explanation below mailing list, "No time partition" seems better.

Posted by Haiming Zhu <he...@gmail.com>.
Three reasons to do this:

Posted by Haonan Hou <hh...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1