Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jason Lane <ja...@sbcglobal.net> on 2006/11/03 00:16:52 UTC

DB2 and getPrimaryKeys function

Ok, I've run into another DB2 issue. It seems that the getPrimaryKeys call made in the DatabaseUtil class first tries to get the PrimaryKeys with a 'null' for the tablename. DB2 does not support those (it throws any error) and instead of the code catching it and continuing on to the block where it should process the keys by each table name, it just fails that whole block.

Would it be ok, if I worked on modifying that code slightly to check for an Exception on that block and then if it does fail just set the resultSet to null, then on the next block where it's trying to do a !resultSet.next() just insert resultSet == null || !resultSet.next()?

Forgive me on this, I'm guessing I probably need to post these kind of questions to the dev list, but I'm still not super familiar with all of the various config options in the entityengime.xml so I might be missing something simple on these primary keys.

Re: DB2 and getPrimaryKeys function

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Yes, this sort of approach should work out fine. If there is an error
with getting them all at once then you can try getting them for each
table, just count on rather slow execution times.

-David