Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Peter Levine <pl...@intraware.com> on 2000/08/18 21:56:44 UTC

Re: including

Hi,

I would like to create an XML file via XSLT that contains within it
elements that I can copy from a source XML file (which describe a PDF
files) as as well as the PDF file itself (as PDF). Among other problems
I'm having trouble inserting a literal <![CDATA[... ]]> tag in this new
XML file. Is what I attempting possible?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete

Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> Here is an example using the internal subset:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE foo [
> <!ENTITY part1 SYSTEM "part1.xml">
> <!ENTITY part2 SYSTEM "part2.xml">
> ]>
> <foo>
> &part1;
> &part2;
> </foo>
> --
> Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Technology Group

Peter Levine
Senior Software Engineer
plevine@intraware.com http://www.intraware.com
phone: (510) 597-4955

Intraware...Control Your Technology

Re: including

Posted by "Thomas B. Passin" <tp...@mitretek.org>.
Peter Levine asked about CDATA sections in xslt output.

Yes, you tell the xsl:output method that certain elements should be
output as CDATA.  From the XSLT Rec:

"<!-- Category: top-level-element -->
<xsl:output
  method = "xml" | "html" | "text" | qname-but-not-ncname
  version = nmtoken
  encoding = string
  omit-xml-declaration = "yes" | "no"
  standalone = "yes" | "no"
  doctype-public = string
  doctype-system = string
  cdata-section-elements = qnames
  indent = "yes" | "no"
  media-type = string />
cdata-section-elements specifies a list of the names of elements whose
text node children should be output using CDATA sections"