Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Herbst Rainer <rh...@rz.uni-potsdam.de> on 2003/10/02 12:10:35 UTC

difficulties in using the default publication

Hi friends!

Today, I made a new start with latest lenya from CVS.

One pitfall - "ant reset" seems to delete all subdirs in the actual lenya/pubs, also the one I had created and worked with for some time. I lost some work, but think positive - sometimes beginning from scratch is better than improving an existing solution.

Ok, I than took the default publikation and copied it to a new subdir, so creating a new publication. Edititing the publication.xml was not a hard job, so my new publication could start.

Than, I went to the admin interface and tried the tab "site". Voila, I could see the site structure. Deleting some entries from this is not possible from this interface, but I don't want the tutorial in my publication! So what should I do? I edited the content/authoring/sitetree.xml manually and throw out all entries but <node id="index">.

In the "site" and "authoring" views, the new structure is shown correct. But not in the "live" view, which shows the old structure. How to move the new structure to the "live" view? I thought by File/Publish, but this seems to have no effect on the live view!

Next problem:
Editing the page is not possible by any means:
Edit with Midas - the editor starts, but shows the "Tutorial" page instead of the actual page. How can I switch to the index.html page?

Edit with Xopus - Error message:
  Resource Not Found
  Message: Resource Not Found
  Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
  Source: Cocoon Servlet

Edit with Bitflux - Error message:
  Resource Not Found
  Message: Resource Not Found
  Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
  Source: Cocoon Servlet

Ok, I like the vi and edited the content/authoring/index/index_en.xml
and index_de.xml manually. But again, I can't bring them to the "live" view!

I have had other problems to, e.g. that the "view" in the default publication does not work out of the box (error <error:description>
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: file:/usr/local/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/live/sitetree.xml doesn't exist.
</error:description>) and others.

To be honest, I don't believe all these problems occure due to my faults! How can I fix the problems?

Regards!
Rainer Herbst

Re: difficulties in using the default publication

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
rainer,

try the unicms publication, it works *much* better than the default
publication.

instructions to get it are at wyona.org

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: difficulties in using the default publication

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
<snip />

uested resource "/lenya/bitflux/index.html"
>> could not be     found
>>   Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>   Source: Cocoon Servlet
>

> The Bitflux interface is broken, someone has to implement
> the new BXENG interface.

yes, I will try to do this within the next couple of days.

beside many other things, we really need to (re)solve the editor problem.

Thanks

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: difficulties in using the default publication

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Herbst Rainer wrote:

> Hi friends!
>
> Today, I made a new start with latest lenya from CVS.
>
> One pitfall - "ant reset" seems to delete all subdirs in the actual lenya/pubs, also the one I had created and worked with for some time. I lost some work, but think positive - sometimes beginning from scratch is better than improving an existing solution.

In build.properties you have a section where you can specifiy
directories that should be excluded from reset/install, e.g.:

target.install.excludes=**/oscom/**/authoring/**,**/oscom/**/live/**
target.reset.excludes=**/oscom/**/authoring/**,**/oscom/**/live/**

> Ok, I than took the default publikation and copied it to a new subdir, so creating a new publication. Edititing the publication.xml was not a hard job, so my new publication could start.
>
> Than, I went to the admin interface and tried the tab "site". Voila, I could see the site structure. Deleting some entries from this is not possible from this interface, but I don't want the tutorial in my publication! So what should I do? I edited the content/authoring/sitetree.xml manually and throw out all entries but <node id="index">.
>
> In the "site" and "authoring" views, the new structure is shown correct. But not in the "live" view, which shows the old structure. How to move the new structure to the "live" view? I thought by File/Publish, but this seems to have no effect on the live view!

As long as the UI functions don't work properly, you have to
edit the live sitetree (content/live/sitetree.xml) manually.

> Next problem:
> Editing the page is not possible by any means:
> Edit with Midas - the editor starts, but shows the "Tutorial" page instead of the actual page. How can I switch to the index.html page?

The Midas interface is not finished.

> Edit with Xopus - Error message:
>   Resource Not Found
>   Message: Resource Not Found
>   Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>   Source: Cocoon Servlet

The Xopus interface is not implemented for the default publication,
and Xopus will removed from Lenya during the next days anyway.

> Edit with Bitflux - Error message:
>   Resource Not Found
>   Message: Resource Not Found
>   Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>   Source: Cocoon Servlet

The Bitflux interface is broken, someone has to implement
the new BXENG interface.

> Ok, I like the vi and edited the content/authoring/index/index_en.xml
> and index_de.xml manually. But again, I can't bring them to the "live" view!
>
> I have had other problems to, e.g. that the "view" in the default publication does not work out of the box (error <error:description>
> org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Resource not found.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: file:/usr/local/apache/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/lenya/lenya/content/live/sitetree.xml doesn't exist.
> </error:description>) and others.

I don't know if the publisher is broken for the default
publication, I'll try to check it out.

> To be honest, I don't believe all these problems occure due to my faults! How can I fix the problems?

It would indeed be great if you could help us fix these
problems, but to fix them yourselves, you'll have to invest
quite a lot of work and time ...

HTH, and thanks for your report!
Andreas