Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marco Kleefman <ma...@cmg.nl> on 2002/02/13 09:42:03 UTC

setting the content-type of the authorization pages

Hello everybody,

I am new to the list and have the following problem. I am not exactly sure
how to classify this problem, but I will give it a try...

All my webpages served by Apache are using UTF8 as the contenttype. But a
few pages use authorization. Now my problem: when I access a page with
authorization Apache sents a response 'Authorization required' to the client
and my browser pops up a login window. In this login window I want to use
UTF8 character sequences, but... Apache has set the content-type to
'ISO-8859-1' characterset. How can I change this content-type? Where can I
find these (internal?) 'Authorization required'-webpages?

I hope I made my problem clear!

Thanx in advance,

Marco

Re: setting the content-type of the authorization pages

Posted by Pietro Cagnoni <pc...@mclink.net>.
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am new to the list and have the following problem. I am not exactly sure
> how to classify this problem, but I will give it a try...
>
> All my webpages served by Apache are using UTF8 as the contenttype. But a
> few pages use authorization. Now my problem: when I access a page with
> authorization Apache sents a response 'Authorization required' to the client
> and my browser pops up a login window. In this login window I want to use
> UTF8 character sequences, but... Apache has set the content-type to
> 'ISO-8859-1' characterset. How can I change this content-type? Where can I
> find these (internal?) 'Authorization required'-webpages?
>
> I hope I made my problem clear!
>
> Thanx in advance,

uhm, just a wild guess, didn't tried it...

... <meta ...> tags?

hth

pietro.