Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brad <sv...@molandernet.com> on 2005/03/14 20:53:36 UTC

Removing a set of revisions or making an old revision HEAD.

Simple question I think....

How do check in a previous revision as a new one?

I basically want to remove all the changes made since a previous
revision number.  Ideally I would like to remove the revisions
themselves but I wil lsetlle for just getting back the same old revision
and making it "HEAD". I updated to the old revision number so my current
WC is the correct revision. But I now need to somehow check in exactly
what I have now as a latest revision number. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Brad

Re: Removing a set of revisions or making an old revision HEAD.

Posted by Tom Mornini <tm...@infomania.com>.

Re: Removing a set of revisions or making an old revision HEAD.

Posted by Johan Appelgren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:53:36 -0600, Brad <sv...@molandernet.com> wrote:
>  Simple question I think....
>
>  How do check in a previous revision as a new one?
>
>  I basically want to remove all the changes made since a previous revision
> number.  Ideally I would like to remove the revisions themselves but I wil
> lsetlle for just getting back the same old revision and making it "HEAD". I
> updated to the old revision number so my current WC is the correct revision.
> But I now need to somehow check in exactly what I have now as a latest
> revision number. Any Ideas?

The subversion book is a great place to start looking for information
about subversion usage.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-4-sect-4.2