Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/10/15 04:49:38 UTC

[Nightly Build] Correcting Problems?

Commons Validator (and others - see below) doesn't have binary versions of
the nightlies available:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-validator/

I assume wherever they're being built the build is failing? Are the nightly
builds still running on Craig McClanahan's machine? If not can anyone point
me in the direction of how to check/resolve this?

Niall

P.S. Looks like quite a few other modules are in the same situation:
beanutils, cli, configuration, dbcp, digester, el, email, id, jelly,
logging, pipeline, pool, primitives and resources

Re: [Nightly Build] Correcting Problems?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Thanks Craig, looks like validator is back :-)

Niall

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 10/14/05, Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the response Rahul, but both Validator's ant and maven build
> work
> fine for me. The errors you're getting is probably because you don't have
> build properties set up pointing to validator's dependencies.
>
> After writing the above - I checked out your SCXML's build.xml - looks
> like
> you're downloading the dependencies automatically and I need to update
> validator to do the same.

That would be a good idea. It looks like I botched a change to my top-level
build.properties file ... I'll go through and try to get all the damanged
Commons projects to work correctly. Good thing we caught this today ... I'm
getting on an airplane again tomorrow (to Prague, to visit with the team
that works on NetBeans), and it's pretty difficult to work with my home
desktop (where the nightly builds run) when I'm away.

Thanks

> Niall

Craig

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
No need to apologise - I appreciated you taking the trouble to try it out.

Niall

> Thanks for the response Rahul, but both Validator's ant and maven build
work
> fine for me. The errors you're getting is probably because you don't have
> build properties set up pointing to validator's dependencies.
<snip/>

Indeed, sorry the noise :-) I guess I'm too used to running maven
where the default properties mostly work !

-Rahul

Re: [Nightly Build] Correcting Problems?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.